Fall Online Course Registration
Timeline for New Student Course Registration 2023-2024
New Students/Families: Students who are newly assigned to Ballard High School over the summer will be contacted via email the week of August 21, 2023 with course selection information.
- April 7, 2023: The district list of Student Assignments is released to the HS. April 18: Incoming families were sent a welcome email. April 19: Incoming students can begin submitting course requests via their Student Source account.
- April 19 – April 28, 2023: Incoming Out-of-District Students in Grades 8-11 can begin submitting their Course Selection Worksheet via email to counselor, Katie Huguenin, email@example.com. Registration for the Class of 2027 and transfer students new to BHS (SPS students will submit their requests online via their Source account)
- Week of Aug 21: Students who are newly assigned to Ballard HS over the summer will be contacted via email this week with course selection information.
- First week of September 2023: Schedules will be available to families on the Source.
Please Note! Your 2023-24 class schedule is built completely on which courses & alternates you Submit. If you did not complete this Critical Step by the deadline, it could result in not getting the courses you wanted. Students who submit their requests earlier in the window don’t get special priority, so please take your time and choose carefully, but make sure do it by the deadline. Schedule changes in September will only be allowed for very special circumstances.
Instructions for Submitting Online Course Requests
Step 1: Complete Your Course Selection Planning Worksheet
- Course Selection Planning Worksheet Class of 2024
- Course Selection Planning Worksheet Class of 2025
- Course Selection Planning Worksheet Class of 2026
- Course Selection Planning Worksheet Class of 2027
Use the following documents to help you complete your worksheet
- Graduation Requirements Checklist
- Course Offerings Quick Reference for Grade 9
- Course Offerings Quick Reference for Grades (10-12)
- Ballard HS Course Catalog
Step 2: Submit Course Selection Requests via Student Source Account (*Current SPS Students Only)
Use the following documents to help you submit your course selections
- Your completed Course Selection Planning Worksheet
- Instructions To Submit Course Selections Online via the Source
Reminder! If you do not complete this Critical Step of submitting your course requests within your class registration window, it could result in not getting the courses you wanted.
*Incoming Out-of-District Students in Grades 8-11 should submit their completed Course Selection Worksheet via email to counselor, Katie Huguenin, firstname.lastname@example.org by April 28, 2023.
- Have Questions or Need Help? Please email BHS Counselor Katie Huguenin at email@example.com or the Counseling Secretary, Carol Bristol, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-252-1014.
- For students who receive Special Education services: Katie Huguenin, counselor at Ballard, will work with the current middle school IEP teacher and student/family to choose appropriate requests. A member of the BHS Special Education Department will review your course requests and reach out if they have questions.
- If you will not be attending Ballard High School, please email Carol Bristol, at email@example.com to indicate where you will be attending school next year.
- Your 2023-2024 class schedule will be available before the first day of school. You will receive information regarding school schedules and specific information about events like New Student Orientation over the summer.
Families who do not have an email address listed with their enrollment information will get a call from a BHS Counselor to complete course requests.
As of July 19, 2023