School Dance Information
Winter Ball | TBD | January 29, 2022
- Winter Ball at Bell Harbor from 8pm – 11pm | TBD
Prom | TBD | June 4, 2022
- Prom at the Columbia Tower | TBD | Watch for more information!
Dance Behavior Expectations and Rules
In response to concerns that have been raised related to the issue of inappropriate behavior at dances, the following rules for behavior have been established by the ASB and Building Leadership Team at Ballard High School.
Failure to abide by these rules will result in disciplinary action, including possible removal from participation in commencement ceremonies, or other applicable school sanctions. In the case of a student being sent home, there will be no refund of the ticket price.
- All students MUST have current photo ID.
- NO REFUNDS on dance tickets
- Doors close at 9:30pm (dance is from 8:00 PM- 11:00 PM)
- No backpacks
- All school rules and sanctions apply to the event.
Specific Dance Rules
- Dancers must remain at an angle greater than 45 degrees at all times.
- Lewd or obscene behavior will not be tolerated.
- This dance contract serves as your first warning. Subsequent warnings will result in dismissal from the dance and possible future dances.
- Dress and appearance must not present health or safety problems, or cause disruptions.
Students who choose attire that is overly revealing will be required to change or be dismissed from the dance (costumes must be appropriate for school. Masks and toy weapons are not allowed).
- Students who appear to be under the influence of alcohol and/or a controlled substance will be subject to an evaluation that may include saliva test strips. Parents of students found to have used or have in their possession, and/or under the influence of alcohol and/or a controlled substance will be called to come to the dance as soon as possible to take charge of their student(s).
- Only students who were the original purchaser of a ticket may enter the dance. Tickets cannot be resold, traded, or given away. Ticket numbers and student ID must match at the door.
- Guest ticket numbers must match the guest name on the guest register at the door. Photo ID is required.
- You are responsible for your behavior and conduct at the dance. Please help to make Ballard dances safe and enjoyable for all students who attend.
By signing, you agree to abide by the Dance Behavior Expectation & Rules.
Ballard HS Dance FAQ
1. How much does it cost to go to a dance?
Dances have a range of prices; a dance like homecoming has a lower ticket cost (prices usually starting around $10), while a dance like prom has a higher ticket cost (around $50). Price is dependent on location of the dance and when the student buys the ticket as ticket prices increase each week; the prices also differ between whether a student has an ASB card or not.
2. When is the dance and how will I know?
Information advertising the dance will be posted on school posters, in the daily bulletin, the Ballard ASB Instagram page, and usually on the school website. Parents inquiring about the date and time can always call the main office as well (206-252-1000). Ballard dances begin at 8:00pm and finish at 11:00pm.
3. When can I buy a ticket?
Tickets are always purchased in advance, at the school, at lunchtime or after school in the Activity Center. Ticket sales start two weeks before the week of the dance, and end the Monday the week of the dance. Cash and checks are accepted. Tickets are never sold at the door.
4. Can I bring a guest (non-BHS student)?
Guests are allowed at Ballard High School dances. For your guest to be able to go to the dance :
a.) The Ballard HS student must obtain a guest permission slip in the Activity Center ticket window.
b.) The Ballard HS student must have their own parent/guardian sign the slip, acknowledging that their child will be bringing a guest.
c.) The guest must have an administrator from the guest’s school sign the slip, acknowledging that the guest does not have any reason to not be allowed to attend.
d.) The permission slip must be delivered back to the school if the student wants to be able to purchase the guest’s ticket.
5. Anything else I need to know?
• Large bags are not allowed to be brought into the dance.
• Student ID MUST BE PRESENTED BY ALL STUDENTS upon entrance.
• Once you leave through the exit doors, you cannot come back in to the dance.
• Any student under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol will be subject to the Seattle School District
Disciplinary Code. A parent or guardian will be called to pick the student up at the dance.
• Any student dancing in a way considered inappropriate by an adult supervisor can and will be asked to leave for the evening.
• Bare feet are never allowed at a dance. • Doors close at 9:30pm.
• No refunds on dance tickets.