Stay in the Know
- Introductory Lunch Learning Seminars for students. Learn about the origins of race and racism from the perspective of neurobiology, science history, and sociology. The topics are: Mon: Biology of skin pigmentation. Wed: Brain science – neurobiology of categorization, Thur: History of race science, Fri: Systemic racism in science and medicine. They will take place in Ms. McGinty’s room NW211 during lunch every day, except Tuesday. Bring your lunch. Space is limited.
- French Club: Join French Club Wednesday at lunch in S 207 to learn how to play “petanque” (French version of bocce ball).Then, come back after school to participate in The Petanque tournament. Prizes will be awarded.
- Maui 2023: Applications available now for our Feb 2023 trip. Join the Ohana! Ecology credit, amazing outdoor experiences and more. Applications and questions- see Mr. Noam Gundle.
- Class of 2022 Families Yard Signs! Thanks to volunteers you can now order a yard sign celebrating your Ballard Graduating Senior! Learn more
- Seniors! Be sure to pick up pre-ordered Graduation items in the Main Office as soon as possible.
- Ballard Film Festival (BFF) on Friday, June 10 at 6:30 in the Performing Arts Center (PAC). Learn more.
- Do you know a BHS Teacher, Staff Member or Volunteer who goes out of their way to make an outstanding impact at Ballard? Every year, BHS PTSA gives out recognition awards. Email PTSA President Gloria Kruzner at email@example.com your nominees or DM via PTSA Instagram, along with a few details why you’ve chosen them by May 23.
- Seniors! Buy your tickets to Senior SPREE– the biggest, all-night grad party of the year! SPREE tickets are on sale only until May 27. Tickets are $200 and scholarships are easily available simply by asking your school counselor.
- Keep your student home if they have any COVID-19 symptoms and report to our school any confirmed cases. Review the DOH symptoms flow chart for guidance.
- Student Parking Reminder: Students cannot park in the Staff Parking Lot off of NW 67th St by the tennis courts. Students must park on the street. In addition, the front Parking Lot off NW 65th St is for Administration and Visitors (2 hour limit) only.
- Visitors are allowed in the building. They are required to sign in at the Main Office and provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test in the past 72 hours.
- Masks Optional Update | While masking is now optional, masks must be worn in the BHS Nurse Office and the Ballard Teen Health Center. The district welcomes and encourages staff and students to continue mask wearing through the end of the year if that is their preference. Learn more.
- Pfizer Booster: With the mask mandate being lifted it is even more important now to get your vaccine booster! The Ballard Teen Health Center (BTHC) has the COVID Pfizer Vaccine available.
- Check | Senior Important Dates
- Available Now! Prospective/Incoming Family Ballard HS Virtual Tour video and information
Ballard HS Lunch Menu
- Mon, May 23
- Assorted Cereal, Hamburger with Fries, Hummus Lunch Box, BLT (turkey bacon, sandwich), Seasonal Veggie & Fruit
- Tues, May 24
- Breakfast Bar, Pizza, Yogurt Lunch Box, Build Your Own Tex-Mex Bar, Beef Taco Salad, Seasonal Veggie & Fruit
- Wed, May 25
- Turkey Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich, Edamame Potstickers w/rice and Veggies
- Thurs, May 26
- Yogurt Parfait w/Berries and Granola, Chicken Tikka Masala with Rice, Bagel Lunch Box, BBq Turkey Sandwich, Seasonal Veggie & Fruit
- Fri, May 27
- Turkey Sausage Scramble, Chefs Choice, Hummus Lunch Box, Chicken Caesar Salad, Seasonal Veggie & Fruit
Beaver Gear and Spirit Wear Breakdown
- Find Beaver Gear on the Athletic Booster Club website
- Duffle Bags Offered at different times of the school year.
- “The DAM” BHS Student Store is run by Advanced Marketing Students. Follow on Instagram @thedambhsstudentstore
- Performing Arts Spirit Wear Merchandise on the BPA Website
- Check with coaches about specific Athletics/Sports Merchandise
Can’t Find What You Are Looking For?
Email me with tips on information you would like located here or better ways to support your searches on the Ballard HS website. Diane Taylor, BHS Website Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org