Building Leadership Team (BLT)
Ballard High School Building Leadership Team
The Building Leadership Team (BLT) is grounded in the belief that collaborative site-based decision-making structures are key to accelerating student academic achievement, racial equity, and building community. The committee consists of representation from school stakeholders: five Certified Staff Members, one Classified staff member, one Paraprofessional, one Custodial (Local 509), two Parents/Community representatives, two ASB representatives (including the ASB Racial Justice Advocate), and the Principal.
The BLT committee meets monthly to discuss building-wide issues including school-wide events, attendance, student activities and school climate. The BLT is also responsible for providing leadership and direction for professional development, the school budget, and the school improvement plan (CSIP).
BLT meets on the second Tuesday of every month. BLT meets in person in the Ballard Book Club Room and streams virtually via Microsoft Teams. For Teams link information, please email the BLT Chair.
Meeting dates may be adjusted to accommodate school holidays and vacation periods. BLT meetings are open to the public. Membership is not required to attend and participate in meetings. Everyone is invited.
Team Members 2022-23 (academic year)
Chair: David Furman
SPED Teacher (Certificated), email@example.com
Vice Chair: Position Open
Secretary: Melissa Anne Povey (Certificated), Science Teacher
Members at Large
- Jody Shuman, House Administrator (Certificated)
- Sonja Petersen, School Counselor (Certificated)
- Sophie Banholzer, Science Teacher (Certificated)
- Jeff Hansen, SPED Paraprofessional (Classified)
- Jana Pitman, Fiscal Specialist (SAEOP)
- Abby Hunt, Principal
- Cass Sylves/Asher Siebel, ASB President/Vice President (Student)
- Taiya Fletcher, ASB Racial Justice Advocate (Student)
- Kristi DeVadder, Parent Rep, PTSA
- Karen Morse, Parent Rep, PTSA