Welcome Prospective Families
Thank You To All That Were Able To Attend
Welcome and explore the Prospective Families page as well as the rest of our school website for information about Ballard High School. Prospective Families learn more about how Ballard HS keeps families in the know on our How We Communicate with Families page and all the ways our Ballard HS Students can informed on the Stay Connected page. For a listing of our staff visit our Online Staff Directory and learn more about our school on the About Ballard HS page. Note: Registration for new or incoming students begins mid-April after school assignments have been released by the district.
Ballard HS Shadowing Information
Ballard HS allows shadowing for prospective students during certain dates in February. Prospective students need to find a current Ballard student to host their visit and a Shadowing Permission Form must be completed. The current BHS student should have the completed paperwork turned into the Main Office at least 3 days ahead of the proposed visit.
Students interested in Music, may contact the Directors: Jay Gillespie (Band) email@example.com, Courtney Rowley (Choir) firstname.lastname@example.org or Dan Valdez (Orchestra) email@example.com who may be able to arrange for a shadow with a current music student.
Prospective Family Night Feb. 8, 2024
- Entertainment: Ballard Marching Band
- Welcome: Abby Hunt, Principal
- Counselor Welcome: Sonja Petersen, School Counselor
- Parent Involvement: Karla Rava, PTSA President
- Student Welcome: ASB and LINK Crew Representatives
- Closing Remarks: Abby Hunt, Principal
SPS Enrollment Process 24-25
Students are assigned to their attendance area school based on where they live. Families may request a different school through School Choice. Refer to the district Student School Assignment for more information. The School Choice process for 2024-25 will open on February 1, 2024. Visit the district School Choice and Open Enrollment page for district enrollment information.
Enrollment Key Dates
- January 2, 2024: New registrations for Enrollment for the 2024-25 school year begins. New students to SPS must register before participating in Open Enrollment.
- February 1 – February 29: School Choice priority applications will be accepted (tiebreakers apply).
- March 1 – May 31: School Choice late applications will be accepted (tiebreakers will not apply).
- April 16: Open Enrollment results will be available online.
Ballard HS Quick Links
Can’t Find What You Are Looking For?
Email me with tips on information you would like located here or better ways to support your searches on the Ballard HS website. Diane Taylor, BHS Website Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!
As of February 9, 2024