Welcome to the BHS Library
What’s Happening in the BHS Library?
Parent Volunteers Needed on Mondays!
Parent! Guardians! Can you help out on a Monday?
Our fabulous teacher-librarian TuesD Chambers is desperately looking for a weekly parent/guardian volunteer on Monday mornings!
Sign up for this needed position. Thank you!
Welcome Capstone Students – Bringing Creativity and Collaboration
Welcome University of Washington Capstone students to the BHS Library MakerSpace! Connor, Emma and Anna! They are thrilled to announce the reopening of the BHS Library MakerSpace, a hub for creativity, collaboration, and community-building! Look for flyers around Ballard HS announcing projects and activities in the BHS Library MakerSpace.
Current Project & Activity List
- Ongoing crafts in the BHS Library MakerSpace.
- Stop By & Check It Out Today!
Library Clubs Information
Reading Buddies to 1st Graders Online
Reading Buddies meet at 8:10 a.m.
The group reads picture books to first-grade students from Magnolia Elementary. Beaver Reader Reading Buddies earn Service Learning hours as well and read to Elementary Students. They read online in the library Book Club Room. Questions? Email email@example.com
Clubs That Meet at Lunch
- Library Leaders meet on Mondays. Service hours available.
- That Dam Book Club meets every other Tuesday. Students meet in the Makerspace and can read whatever they want and talk about it.
- Comic Book Club meets on Wednesdays in Mr. Lee’s classroom.
- 3D Printing Club and Architecture Club meet Wednesdays in the Library.
- Garment Club meet Thursdays in Ms. Carlson’s room using Library Makerspace sewing machines.
- Reading Buddies meet at 8:10 a.m. Fridays to read picture books online to first grade students at Magnolia Elementary.
- Pride Book Club meets every other Friday.
Ballard HS Clubs
Clubs are a great way to get involved. Ballard HS has over 75 clubs available for students! If you can’t find a Club that fits your interests, start your own!
Math Tutor Available
- Where: Ballard High School Library
- When: Every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon, 3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Running Start students stop by and sign up
- Who: Volunteer community members offering free, in person tutoring.
- How: Just drop into the library after school — or, to guarantee a 20-minute session, put your name on the sign-up sheet at the library Reference Desk ahead of time.
Peter has been a long-time Ballard HS tutor and is looking forward to the new school year. He had a career as a Geologist and Geophysicist before becoming an IT consultant and small business owner. He is available to assist students with all Math courses- from Algebra to AP Calculus and first year Physics. He can also assist with ACT or SAT practice.
Parent Volunteers in the Library Always Needed and Appreciated
The BHS Library and Librarian TuesD Chambers appreciates all the PTSA Volunteer support and help in the library to help all students! Thank you Ballard HS Parents/Guardians you are the best!
Parent volunteers are needed to help in the Ballard Library by signing up for regular weekly shifts during the school day. This is a great opportunity for parents who are able and interested to come 2 hours a week at the same time each week. Help our fantastic librarian Ms. Chambers with checking in books, book displays, re-shelving and other special projects! Questions? Email Ms. Chambers; firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that SPS requires all volunteers to complete their volunteer approval process before you can volunteer.