Ballard High School

High School
Counseling Center Dashboard

Transcript Requests

Official, Unofficial Student Transcripts Information

Current Students Official & Unofficial Info

An Official Transcript is one that is sent through official channels directly from BHS staff to a college or university.

An Unofficial Transcript is one that can be e-mailed directly to you for your use on your application. For details of how to submit your transcript to each school you are applying to, go to the college admissions website of the school you are applying to find out how they want this information.

Current Students Requesting a Transcript Guidelines

  • If you need an unofficial transcript, please email Ms. Bristol; to request one.
  • If your application is on Common App & Coalition platform, add your School Counselor to your profile on the platform. Your school counselor will send your transcript for you directly through that platform (depending on the school – i.e. UW does not require a transcript).
  • If the first two options do not apply, request your transcripts through Naviance. Visit the district Naviance page if you want to know more about Naviance.

Former Students and/or Employees Seeking Graduation Verification

If you have a Request for Records for a former Ballard HS student, Seattle Public Schools is now using a web-based application to help us manage all student records requests from other schools for transferring students.  

Requests received via fax, phone calls, emails and mail from other schools will no longer be accepted. 

All transferring student records requests must be submitted online using the K-12 Transfer application. This application is a secure, self-service application that is easy to use:

  • Site Access. Visit the Transfer Scriborder site.
  • Sign in to an existing account OR Create Account. If you do not already have a K-12 Transfer account, one will need to be created.   
    • A school email address must be used to set up the account; personal email addresses will not be accepted.
    • Once an account has been created, the credentials for the account will be verified. This process takes approximately 24 hours. 
    • An account only needs to be verified once.
    •  A “Your registration has been verified” email notification will be sent when the account has been completed.
  • Submit Request. Login to the K-12 Transfer application and submit the request for records.
  • Processing Time. Seattle Public Schools processes request electronically within 3-5 school days.
  • Download the Records. When the “processing complete” email is received, you will need to login to the K-12 Transfer application to download the student records you requested.

For more information about the student records that we provide, please see the Transferring Student Records Request page. Please contact if you have any issues setting up your account or submitting a record request.

Visit the district School Records webpage for additional details and information.