College Bound Information
The College Bound Scholarship program is an early commitment of state financial aid to eligible students who signed up in middle school and fulfill the scholarship pledge.
If you are a College Bound student or wondering if you are, contact the BHS Counseling Office with any questions.
As part of the College Bound signup process, students pledge to:
- Graduate from a Washington State high school or approved home school program with a cumulative 2.0 GPA or higher.
- Have no felony convictions.
- Apply for financial aid by completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) or WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid) beginning their senior year of high school.
In order to receive the scholarship, students must fulfill the pledge and:
- Be income eligible, as determined by their college with the information from their FAFSA or WASFA.
- Be accepted to college and begin attending within one year of high school graduation.
- Attend an eligible college.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen and Washington resident, or have DACA status