College & Post High School Planning
Senior Year Planning for 23-24
You will find information, links and steps to completing the college application process and more!
4-Year College/University Applications
Common Application: commonapp.org
- One application sent to all schools that use it.
- Student requests recommendations from teachers and counselor through the application.
- Counselor completes the Secondary School Report includes g.p.a, class rank, and recommendation.
- BHS reports weighted rank (decile/percent), unweighted G.P.A. (4.0 highest)
- Transcript is attached electronically by counselor (no paper copy needed.)
Coalition Application: coalitionforcollegeaccess.org University of Washington uses this application.
College/University specific application: Go to the school’s website for more information.
Washington State U., Western Washington U use their own application.
Letters of Recommendations
- Counselors will not prepare letters of recommendation without students completing the LOR form. Complete the Letter of Recommendation Student Information Sheet (Windows Form) online
- Ask teachers first if they would be willing to write you a recommendation
Complete the form for counselors and teachers 2 weeks before your application is due.
Weighted scale and will be listed as a percentile for college applications. Contact Ms Bristol, the Counseling Secretary at email@example.com
ACT or SAT Test Scores
Most colleges and universities are test optional and not using scores as part of the application process. If you choose to send your scores, you must order and send them directly to the colleges/universities from your ACT or SAT account.
NCAA Eligibility Center
If you are considering participation in athletics at the university level (NCAA), you need to register with the NCAA Eligibility Center at web3.ncaa.org/ecwr3
Seattle Promise and 2-Year College Applications
- Seattle Promise | Visit the Seattle Promise at seattlepromise.seattlecolleges.edu
- All Seniors should complete application for free 2 years at North, Central or South Seattle Colleges.
Technical/Trade School or Program
Visit the Washington State Community and Technical Colleges site at sbctc.edu for information about community and technical colleges and programs of study.
Visit the Todays Military site todaysmilitary.com/contact-the-services for more information and help.
Visit the Go Overseas site at gooverseas.com/gap-year/usa-fairs for more information and assistance.