Senior Portrait and Grad Ads
Yearbook & Senior Info 23-24
Senior Portrait Sittings at Rowland if Interested
Rowland Studios has been in partnership with Ballard High School for many years and runs specials for Ballard HS seniors. Ballard HS Seniors are allowed to submit a photo to the yearbook of their choice as an alternate to the school pictures on blue that the rest of the school uses.
The sittings offered at Rowland are meant to be an affordable option for Ballard HS seniors who want to have more options for their yearbook photo. It is a 15-minute sitting in the studio for headshots on one or two backgrounds for $30.00. Afterward, they will let you choose one for the yearbook, and they will send it in for you
Reminder: Senior families don’t have to submit a separate photo from the school photo and they also can use any other options if they would like to submit a Senior Portrait for the yearbook as well.
Separately, they also have more options for longer Senior Sittings, available to book as well.
Senior Portraits (if interested)
New Upload Instructions Due Oct 31
New! Submit Senior Portraits to Herff Jones eShare!
Senior Portraits Requirements Only
Senior Portrait requirements for the Yearbook
- Senior Portraits Only!
- eShare Access Code: ballard
- Please only submit ONE photo of the student
- Color photos only
- Plain/neutral background preferred
- Full face view, facing forward, fully clothed!
- Submit a head and shoulders shot (jpg file)
- Refer to example
- The background may be any color except black or white.
- Student portrait only (no pets, hand signs, props, other people, etc.)
- No creative filters or photographic treatments
If seniors do not submit a photo to the yearbook staff by the deadline of Oct 31, the yearbook staff will use the student ID photo instead.
Senior Grad Ads
Grad Ads are an opportunity for families to submit photos and a personal message for graduating seniors. They include photos of your choice (school appropriate) and a personalized message of your choice for your graduating student, friend, etc.
Check back for how to submit your Senior Grad Ad.
The Shingle Yearbook editors will arrange the photos and messages themselves according to a set design.
Grad Ad Costs
- 1/8 page = $50
- 1/4 page = $80
- 1/2 page = $160
- Full page = $300
Payment for grad ads will be on Source/SchoolPay until November 16, 2023.
Grad Ad Requirements
- Please do not submit hard copy photos, only digital.
- the personal messages need to be typed clearly and should not exceed:
- 30 words for 1/8 page
- 60 for 1/4 page
- 80-100 for ½ and full page
- No heirloom pictures please
- Send all photos as jpegs and personalized messages to the Ballard shingle editors at TBD (check back for updates)