Senior Pictures and Grad Ads
BHS Yearbook & Senior Info 21-22
Class of 2022 Senior Yearbook Pictures were due October 29, 2021 – You may be contacted by Rowland Studios to have your senior portrait taken. Rowland Studios has been in partnership with Ballard High School for many years.
Your senior portrait for the yearbook needs to meet the requirements listed below:
- Submit a head and shoulders shot – fully clothed – in color and one-inch head size. Overall, the dimensions should be 1 1/2 inches wide by 2 inches high, and 300 d.p.i. and should be sent as a jpeg file (standard for magazines). Most photos are usually 1 MB or more in size. Do not crop your photo.
- The background may be any color except black or white.
- No hats, props, logos, pets, or horizontal shots – only you in the i.d. photo!
- Please submit your selected photo (meeting all requirements) and your student’s preferred first and last name
- All photos must be digital copies that can be emailed to: email@example.com
- Please submit the original photo, not a copy.
- No Hard Copy Photos Will be Accepted.
If you do not submit a photo to the yearbook staff by the deadline, the yearbook staff will use your student ID photo instead – (take your school photos seriously!)
Senior Grad Ads
Grad Ads are an opportunity for families to submit photos and a personal message for graduating seniors. They include photos of your choice (school appropriate) and a personalized message of your choice for your graduating student, friend, etc.
The Shingle Yearbook editors will arrange the photos and messages themselves according to a set design.
Grad Ad Costs
- 1/8 page = $50
- 1/4 page = $80
- 1/2 page = $160
- Full page = $300
Payment for grad ads will be on Source/SchoolPay until November 16, 2021.
Grad Ad Requirements
- Please do not submit hard copy photos, only digital.
- the personal messages need to be typed clearly and should not exceed:
- 30 words for 1/8 page
- 60 for 1/4 page
- 80-100 for ½ and full page
- No heirloom pictures please
- Send all photos as jpegs and personalized messages to the Ballard shingle editors at firstname.lastname@example.org.