Athletic Booster Club
Dec. 5: Athletic Booster Club Board Meeting in the Ballard High School Staff Lounge (2nd Floor) at 6:30 p.m.
Are you a Ballard Athletics parent/fan who has been looking for just the right low-key volunteer opportunity with a great group of people? Are you interested in fostering school-wide athletic community and reducing barriers to play for all BHS athletes? Do you like to help parents connect with coaches and each other? We have a spot for you!
Think you might be interested? Even more info is available on our ABC Website. If you’d like to talk to someone about specifics, please email our Membership Coordinator, Beth Sylves at email@example.com. We would love to work with you!
Athletic Booster Club (ABC)
Supporting, promoting, and advocating for BHS Athletes.
The Ballard High School Athletic Booster Club (BHS ABC) is a parent volunteer group that works with the Athletic Director and BHS coaches to benefit the student-athletes and athletic programs at Ballard High School.
- We support athletic programs at Ballard High School by providing administrative, communication, and bookkeeping services;
- we promote BHS sporting event attendance, school spirit, and camaraderie for all Beavers; and
- we advocate for BHS Athletics in the surrounding community.
What does the ABC do?
The ABC Board meets monthly with the Athletic Director to make sure that our efforts align with BHS Athletics values and goals. One of our most important jobs is maintaining financial records and managing bank accounts for all BHS sports teams, so that teams do not have to maintain individual non-profit status and coaches and team parents are not also required to be bookkeepers. We also:
- Pay for and maintain the Ballard HS ABC website and Instagram account
- Pay for, produce, and distribute the ABC Newsletter
- Subscribe to the ABC Newsletter online or text BHSABC to 22828
- Produce and sell Beaver Gear and Ballard Duffle Bags (seasonal)!
- Host the Ballard Athletics Blast fundraiser
- Purchase fun Beaver Swag for giveaways at select sporting events
- Pay an annual percentage of the Strength and Conditioning coach’s salary
- Provide grants to the Athletic Director for special projects that benefit BHS Athletics
I want to support BHS athletes! What can I do?
- Become a member of the ABC! Membership fees help cover our costs and keep the ABC strong.
- Consider joining the ABC board.
- Become a team parent, or offer to help your existing team parent – volunteering to help out with a team’s administrative, fundraising, or communications tasks means that the coach has more time to focus on his or her athletes.
- Buy and wear Beaver Gear, especially when you are out supporting our Beavers at events.
- Make a direct donation to your team!
- Plan on attending the various social and fundraising events we host throughout the school year. Help us build community while we celebrate our athletes!
The Athletic Booster Club supports the following athletics teams:
Cross Country (Girls & Boys)
Golf (Girls & Boys)
Girls Swim and Dive
Girls Slowpitch Softball
Basketball (Girls & Boys)
New! Bowling (Girls)
New! Flag Football (Girls)
Girls Fastpitch Softball
Tennis (Girls & Boys)
Track (Girls & Boys)