SPS SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test)
Get SAT Ready!
- On Wednesday, October 12, 2022 Ballard HS students in Grade 12 will be given the school day SAT.
- SPS students will be automatically registered for the tests
- Create your free College Board account
- Check out the College Board website for FREE test prep resources
- Contact your designated Ballard HS counselor or academic intervention specialist for additional information
- Review approved calculators for SAT – contact your counselor or academic intervention specialist if you need help obtaining a calculator for the test
For current information about the Seattle Public School’s School Day SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) please refer to the district SAT webpage.
SAT Understanding Scores and Reporting
SAT scores are released online (date to be posted) by the CollegeBoard. Students will need to log in to their CollegeBoard account to view their scores.
Check out the following resources on SAT scores
- How to Get Your Scores
- Understanding your SAT Scores | Finding out how SAT scores are calculated, score structure, what SAT scoring means for you.
- How to Send SAT Scores | Information about sending your SAT scores.
Resources and Information
Visit the Free SAT Practice at CollegeBoard for testing tips and resources.
Refer to the district SAT page for more information about testing and Seattle Public Schools.
This school year the BHS Counselors want to encourage all 12th graders to take it as it is an opportunity to meet the Graduation Pathway requirement. The Graduation Pathway requirement can be met a few different ways including taking and earning a cut score on the SBA, SAT or ACT. Or also, by taking and passing a college level English and college level math course.
Seattle Public School SAT Info & Resources
The SAT is the most widely used college admission test in the country. SAT scores demonstrate students are prepared for college with necessary skills and knowledge.
Students who qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch (FRL) may be eligible to receive additional benefits from the College Board such as free SAT tests and unlimited sending of scores. In order to receive these benefits, applicants must check the box on the form for ‘Pre College Exams’ in section number 7 of the form and sign. Visit the Seattle Public Schools School Day SAT page for more information.
The school-day administration offers these benefits:
- No cost. The school day test is free for SPS students. No action is required of families in advance.
- Students may also send up to four score reports for free. The school-day test permits students to send score reports to as many as four colleges or scholarship programs.
- Additional pathway to graduation. A qualifying score on the SAT can be used as a graduation pathway for English Language Arts ELA and/or math.
The SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) focuses on the knowledge and skills that the best evidence indicates are essential for college and career readiness and success. This test is composed of four sections: Math, Reading, Writing and Language, and Essay.
- College Board is a mission-driven not-for-profit organization that connects students to college success and opportunity. Download the official College Board SAT student guide.
- PSAT Score Report Video To Practice For SAT Understand your PSAT scores and how to link your test results with free Khan Academy® practice tests tailored just for you to prepare for the SAT.
- Khan Academy SAT Practice The College Board has partnered with Khan Academy to provide a personalized practice program.
- SAT Prep For general information regarding the SAT.