Grade 12 Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
SAT Scores Release Date
Ballard HS Seniors who took the SAT at BHS on Oct 11, 2023: SAT Scores should be posted on the College Board site on November 1, 2023. Students will need to log into their College Board account to view their scores.
Understanding and Reporting SAT Scores
- How to Get Your Scores
- Understanding your SAT Scores | Finding out how SAT scores are calculated, score structure, what SAT scoring means for you.
- How to Send SAT Scores | Information about sending your SAT scores.
SAT Practice Resources & Information
Visit the Free SAT Practice at College Board for testing tips and resources. Refer to the district SAT page for more information about testing and Seattle Public Schools. The SAT is an opportunity to meet the Graduation Pathway requirement. A qualifying score on the SAT can be used as a graduation pathway for ELA and/or math. Current qualifying scores are 410 for ELA and 430 for math.
- Create your free College Board account
- Check out the College Board website for FREE test prep resources.
- Review approved calculators for SAT – contact your counselor if you need help obtaining a calculator for the test.
- College Board is a mission-driven not-for-profit organization that connects students to college success and opportunity. Download the official College Board SAT student guide.
- PSAT Score Report Video To Practice For SAT Understand your PSAT scores and how to link your test results with free Khan Academy® practice tests tailored just for you to prepare for the SAT.
- Khan Academy SAT Practice The College Board has partnered with Khan Academy to provide a personalized practice program.
- SAT Prep For general information regarding the SAT.
Free or Reduced Lunch (FRL) Benefits
The SAT is the most widely used college admission test in the country. SAT scores demonstrate students are prepared for college with necessary skills and knowledge. Students who qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch (FRL) may be eligible to receive additional benefits from the College Board such as unlimited sending of scores. In order to receive these benefits, applicants must check the box on the form for ‘Pre College Exams’ (section 7) and sign. Visit the district School-Day SAT page for more information.
The school-day administration offers these benefits:
- No cost. The school-day test is free for SPS students.
- Students may also send up to four score reports for free. The school-day test permits students to send score reports to as many as four colleges or scholarship programs.
- Additional pathway to graduation. A qualifying score on the SAT can be used as a graduation pathway for ELA and/or math. Current qualifying scores are 410 for ELA and 430 for math.
The SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) focuses on the knowledge and skills that the best evidence indicates are essential for college and career readiness and success. This test is composed of four sections: Math, Reading, Writing and Language, and Essay.