Online Course Selection Instructions
Instructions For Submitting Your Online Course Requests
Registration Windows for Current Ballard Students
Grade 11 (Class of 2022) Link on the Source from Feb 9 – 22
Grade 10 (Class of 2023) Link on the Source from Feb 23 – March 1
Grade 9 (Class of 2024 ) Link on the Source from March 2 – 8
Use the following to help you submit your Course Selections
•CompletedCourse Selection Planning Worksheet
•Know your STUDENT Source login. For Source login assistance contact Ms. Chambers the BHS Librarian. Parent logins do not work for course registration.
•Review the BHS Course Catalog
1. Login to your Student Source Account.
2. Click on “CLASS REGISTRATION” in the left column, to view the course categories.
STOP! Read the remainder of the directions below before proceeding with choosing requests
3. Click on the “PENCIL” icon to view the individual course options. Scroll to the bottom of each section; there may be more than one page available. Courses are listed alphabetically, with Seattle School District course descriptions. For Ballard-specific course descriptions and prerequisites see the BHS Course Catalog.
4. Next to the “PENCIL” icon you will see a GREEN CHECK MARK or RED EXCLAMATION POINT. Red Exclamation Point means this is a required course or you made an entry error (e.g. too many or too few courses selected).
5. To SELECT A COURSE, CLICK ANYWHERE on the row – the row will turn blue. Click “OKAY” at the bottom right of the page. To unselect a course, click anywhere on the blue row and update your choice. Click “OKAY” at the bottom right of the page.
Confirm the online course title with yourcompleted Course Selection Planning Worksheet to be sure you have the matching semester 1 and semester 2 for year-long courses (e.g. Choose Algebra 2A and Algebra 2B). Based on yourcompleted Course Selection Planning Worksheet , you should have 12 primary semester requests which equals 6 credits.
•You must choose an alternate for each of your electives just as you did on your form.
•Class of 2023 students wanting Humanities next year must choose an alternate for LA and Social Studies in case you don’t get a spot in Humanities. There is a section for you to do this online
•All students entering grades 11 & 12 must choose an alternate for their science choice. Space is limited in some of our upper level sciences. If you don’t get your first choice, we need to know your 2nd science choice.
•Courses Allowing Repeat Requests – this category allows you to choose listed courses more than once a year. (e.g. To request a full year/semester 1 and semester 2 of Weight Training, choose Weight Training under BOTH Semester Electives and Courses Allowing Repeat Requests .)
•Additional Requests – this category is completed by counselors.
6. Once you have selected all your course requests, CLICK SUBMIT on the bottom right of the page. You will see either a list of your successful course requests OR a Submission Failed Error Message. Reasons for Error Message include: Chose too many in one category (e.g. 3 semesters of English classes), you chose too few or too many total classes. You should have 6 requested credits. We recommend saving that final screen of course requests for your records via photo or pdf.
7. To edit your requests after you have submitted, click on “CLASS REGISTRATION” again (See Step 2) and follow the same instructions. ALWAYS CLICK SUBMIT on the bottom right of the page to save your changes. You may edit your online registration during the designated registration time for your graduating class.
Reminder! Online Registration Windows on the Source:
Class of 2022 – Feb 9 – 22 | Class of 2023 – Feb 23 – March 1 | Class of 2024 – March 2 – 8
Printed copies may be requested if families are unable to access remotely by emailing the Administrative Secretary, Cindy Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLINE COURSE REQUESTS WILL CREATE YOUR CLASS SCHEDULE FOR 21-22
As of 2/5/21