Online Course Selection Instructions 2025
Online Course Selection Instructions – Ballard HS
(Current Seattle Public Schools' 8th Graders Only)
Online Registration is open Monday, April 19th through Tuesday, April 27th
• Use your copy of your completed paper Course Selection Planning Worksheet 2021-2022
•Know your STUDENT Source login. For Source login assistance contact your Librarian at your middle school or firstname.lastname@example.org. Parent logins do not work for course registration.
•Review the Ballard High School Course Catalog
1. Login to your Student account on The Source.
2. Click on “CLASS REGISTRATION” in the left column, to view the course categories.
STOP! Read the remainder of the directions below before proceeding with choosing requests
3. Click on the “PENCIL” icon to view the individual course options. Scroll to the bottom of each section; there may be more than one page available. Courses are listed alphabetically, with Seattle School District course descriptions. For Ballard-specific course descriptions and prerequisites see the online Ballard High School Course Catalog
4. Next to the “PENCIL” icon you will see a GREEN CHECK MARK or RED EXCLAMATION POINT. Red Exclamation Point means this is a required course or you made an entry error (e.g. too many or too few courses selected).
5. To SELECT A COURSE, CLICK ANYWHERE on the row – the row will turn blue. Click “OKAY” at the bottom right of the page. To unselect a course, click anywhere on the blue row and update your choice. Click “OKAY” at the bottom right of the page.
Confirm the online course title with yourcompleted Course Selection Planning Worksheet to be sure you have the matching semester 1 and semester 2 for year-long courses (e.g. Choose Algebra 2A and Algebra 2B). Based on yourcompleted Course Selection Planning Worksheet , you should have 12 primary semester requests which equals 6 credits.
•You must choose an alternate for each of your electives just as you did on your form.
• Courses Allowing Repeat Requests – this category allows you to choose listed courses more than once a year. (e.g. To request a full year/semester 1 and semester 2 of Weight Training, choose Weight Training under BOTH PE and Courses Allowing Repeat Requests .)
•Additional Requests – this category is completed by counselors.
6. Once you have selected all your course requests, CLICK SUBMIT on the bottom right of the page. You will see either a list of your successful course requests OR a Submission Failed Error Message. We recommend printing or taking a photo of that final screen of course requests for your records.
Reasons for Error Message include
• Chose too many in one category (e.g. 3 semesters of Math classes)
• There is a minimum/maximum credit requirement, and you chose too few or too many classes.
7. To edit your requests after you have submitted, click on “CLASS REGISTRATION” again (See Step 2) and follow the same instructions. ALWAYS CLICK SUBMIT on the bottom right of the page to save your changes. You may edit your online registration during the designated online registration from Monday, April 19th through Tuesday, April 27th.
ONLINE COURSE REQUESTS WILL CREATE YOUR CLASS SCHEDULE FOR 21-22
As of 4/8/21