Senior Portraits & Grad Ad
Posted: | Updated:
BHS Yearbook & Senior Info 21-22
CLASS OF 2022 – Senior Yearbook Pictures Due by October 29, 2021– You may be contacted by Rowland Studios to have your senior portrait taken; however, you may use any photographer. Rowland Studios has been in partnership with Ballard High School for many years. Your senior portrait for the yearbook needs to meet the requirements listed below:
- Submit a head and shoulders shot – fully clothed – in color and one-inch head size. Overall, the dimensions should be 1 ½ inches wide by 2 inches high, and 300 d.p.i. and should be sent as a jpeg file (standard for magazines). Most photos are usually 1 MB or more in size. Do not crop your photo.
- The background may be any color except black or white.
- No hats, props, logos, pets, or horizontal shots – only you in the i.d. photo!
- Please submit your selected photo (meeting all requirements) and your students preferred first and last name
- All photos must be digital copies that can be emailed.
- Please submit the original photo, not a copy.
NO HARD COPY PHOTOS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
If you do not submit a photo to the yearbook staff by the deadline of October 29, 2021, the yearbook staff will use your student ID photo instead – (take your school photos seriously!)
Digital photos can be emailed to the Shingle editors: email@example.com
Senior Grad Ads
Grad Ads are an opportunity for families to submit photos and a personal message for graduating seniors.
Includes photos of your choice (school appropriate) and a personalized message of your choice for your graduating student, friend, etc.
- 1/8 page = $50
- 1/4 page = $80
- 1/2 page = $160
- Full page = $300
We accept only digital copies of pictures; the personal messages need to be typed clearly. Personal messages should not exceed 30 words for 1/8 page; 60 for ¼; 80-100 for ½ and full page. No heirloom pictures please.
The Shingle editors will arrange the photos and messages themselves according to a set design. Please do not submit hard copy photos, only digital. Payment for grad ads will be on parents Source/SchoolPay until November 16, 2021.
Send all photos as jpegs and personalized messages to the ballard shingle editors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yearbook Sale Dates and Prices
YEARBOOKS – Yearbook sales dates are established in accordance with state tax policies. Yearbooks are sold online through the parent Source/SchoolPay, during lunch, break, and in the activity center after school. No yearbook sales between April 30 and Beaver Day, June 3. Pre-sold yearbooks will be distributed on Beaver Day, June 3. Yearbook sales will resume June 6 following Beaver Day until books are sold out.
- 9/7/21 – 9/28/21 – $50.00 with Activity Card (plus $35 if ASB needs to be purchased)*
- 1/3/22 – 1/23/22 – $55.00 with Activity Card (plus $35 if ASB needs to be purchased)
- 4/4/22 – 4/29/22 – $55.00 with Activity Card (plus $35 if ASB needs to be purchased)
(excludes Spring Break – 4/11 – 4/15)
*Activity Cards (sticker) can be purchased for $35 on parents SchoolPay on the Source