School Health & Safety
Posted: | Updated:
Summary: District Health, Safety, Guidelines, Resources & Protocols.
What You Need to Know…
How Ballard HS Communicates with Families
BHS Nurse, Forms & Resources
Weather Alerts & Snow Remote Resources
District Health & Safety News Topics
SPS Technology Resources for Students
SPS Resources for Families
School and Personal Safety
- Talking to teens about Violence: Tips for Parents and Teachers
- Seattle Police Department Personal Safety Tips
- SPS Coordinated School Health Mental Health Resources
- Washington State Legislature District Finder
We all play a role in school safety. You can use the SPS Safe Schools Hotline 206-252-0510 to report any threats to SPS schools. This phone number is managed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can find additional resources and information on our district webpage SPS Supports for Students & Reporting Safety Concerns. Additionally, Crisis Connections provides a 24-hour crisis line 866-427-4747 and website resources at crisisconnections.org or Teen Link 866-833-6546.
SPS School Checklist
- SPS Start to School Checklist: It has links to the district calendar, source set up, data verification, communication preferences, health protocols, FRL, Student devices, internet, transportation, volunteering all on one page!
Weather Alerts and Communication Resources
Ballard HS Reminders
If you have questions or need assistance please contact the Main Office at 206-252-1000. Email Administrative Secretary Cindy Peterson at email@example.com or for Sports email Athletic Secretary Bethany Nielcen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Attendance Secretary at email@example.com
SPS Health and Safety Resources
- Keep your student home if they have any COVID-19 symptoms and report to our school any confirmed cases. Review the DOH symptoms flow chart for guidance.
- Resources for families, translations and more! Resource Dashboard
Visitors and Volunteers in Buildings
One-time/one-day visitors and one-time volunteers have the following requirements.
- Visitors must sign in at the Main Office
- Visitors and staff in meetings together must follow all SPS Health and safety protocols
District Mask Update
While masking is now optional, masks must be worn in the BHS Nurse Office and the Ballard Teen Health Center.
Safety and Security at Seattle Public School
Seattle Public Schools will be physically and emotionally, safe and secure for all students, staff and visitors. /list
- Refer to the district Safety and Security page for information and resource links.
- Visit the district Safety and Security Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
Who to Contact to Resolve Concerns
Who to contact to report and problem solve issues at school.
Thank You for Helping Keep School Communities Healthy
Thank you for all you are doing to keep our students in school and to keep our schools safe.
District COVID-19 Health and Safety Resources
SPS COVID Vaccine Locations for Students and Staff
District Dashboard by School
- COVID-19 Dashboard/School Breakdown
Note use slider for date range (top left) and there are 2 pages.
District Technology Resources
District Weather Alert & Transportation Reminders!
District Resource List
- Resources Information | Activities & Athletics, Lunch, Volunteering and more!
District Mental Health Services
District Support and Crisis Resources
King County Information and Resources
Additional Ways to Find a COVID-19 Vaccine
Here are some other places where you and your child can get vaccinated:
- School Based Health Centers
- Kaiser Permanente (open to non-members) call 800-352-3610
- Downtown Public Health Center, call 206-377-3977
- UW Medicine website or call 844-520-8700
- Washington’s Vaccine Locator
Can’t Find What You Are Looking For?
Email me with tips on information you would like located here or better ways to support your searches on the Ballard HS website. Diane Taylor, BHS Website Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!