May Mental Health Awareness Month Resources
Posted: | Updated:
Summary: Mental Health Resources for BHS Students and Families.
Mental Health Resources Ballard HS
May is Mental Health Awareness Month, and BHS students have access to mental health services through several different sources at Ballard High School.
BHS Counseling Center
- Ballard HS School Counselors: Our Counselors encourage students to become aware of their individual strengths, develop methods for dealing with difficulties, setting goals, and to make good choices. Counselors also help our students deal with social and emotional issues.
- Counselors are assigned by a student’s last name, learn more about on our BHS Counseling Center Dashboard.
- BHS Social Worker: Our Social Worker Mackenzie Fee MSW, firstname.lastname@example.org splits her time with Whitman Middle School and is available at Ballard HS on Monday, Tuesday and every other Wednesday. Her Counseling Center office offers a welcoming and safe space easily accessible to students. Students can utilize her for any social or emotional support.
Ballard HS Nurse, Laurie Tirtanadi RN MS ARNP, email@example.com helps to support student’s health and learning. Her office is located on the 1st floor, left of the Main Office. Her office at the back of the Teen Health Center, and is open during normal school hours.
- School Nurse Ms. Tirtanadi can be reached at 206-252-1007.
- Visit the BHS School Nurse webpage for more information and helpful resources.
Ballard Teen Health Center
The Ballard Teen Health Center, is a partnership between Seattle Public Schools and Swedish Medical Center, and they offer medical and mental health services at Ballard HS. The Center is located on the 1st floor, left of the Main Office.
- The Ballard Teen Center Mental Health Counselor: The Mental Health Counselor Brandon Aguillard, MSW LSWAIC provides free, confidential therapy to students. Brandon is especially interested in teaching students skills to manage stress and improve mood. He uses a trauma-informed approach with a broad scope of evidenced-based psychotherapy methods, in addition to general supportive talk-therapy.
- Learn more about Mr. Aguillard on the Teen Health Center page.
- The Teen Health Center Nurse Practitioner: Nurse Practitioner Karen Boudour, ARNP offers student care.
- Learn more about the Teen Health Nurse Practitioner on the Teen Health Center page.
- The Chemical Dependency Counselor: Our Chemical Dependency Counselor Kirsten Jones, BA SUDPT, AAC, is available for appointments, resources and to offer student care.
- Learn more about our Chemical Dependency Counselor on the Teen Health Center page.
Schedule an appointment by contacting the Ballard Teen Health Center Clinic Coordinator Say Tuitele at Sailau.Tuitele@swedish.org or 206-390-3355 (text) or by completing the Scheduling an Appointment Form below.
Additional Mental Health Resources for Students and Families
- Ballard HS Health & Safety Resources
- Student Support Services List
- Teen Link, Confidential peer-to-peer support.
- Call 1-866-teenlink (833-6546)
- Crisis Connections offers 24-hour support. Call 1-866-427-4747
- 988 Crisis Hotline suicide prevention hotline
- SPS Mental Health Program