Curriculum Night September 28 Don’t Miss!
Summary: Join Us!
Ballard HS Curriculum Night
September 28, 2023
Curriculum Night Program
- BHS Counselors in Library for College Admissions Info at 5:45 p.m.
- Info Fair outside the Library 6 p.m. with School Booster Clubs and the BHS PTSA
- Curriculum Night Program and Welcome starts in the Main Gym at 6:30 p.m.
- Welcome: Abby Hunt, Principal
- A Message from Student Leadership: ASB & LINK Student Leaders
- A Message from the PTSA: Karla Rava, President
- Meet your Student’s Teachers: 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Please plan to attend and bring your student’s class schedule with you so that you can meet your student’s educators. ~ Principal Abby Hunt
Meet Your Student’s Teachers | Finding Student’s Class Schedule
Options to obtain your student’s schedule prior to Curriculum Night!
- Ask your student for their schedule off The Source.
- Log onto The Source as a Parent/Guardian for their schedule.
- Ask your student to fill out the Curriculum Night Program.
- If the above aren’t possible, receive a schedule in the office.
- Utilize the helpful leadership students in the hall.
Follow Your Student’s Class Schedule
- Class Period 1: 7:05 – 7:15 p.m.
- Class Period 2: 7:20 – 7:30 p.m.
- Class Period 3: 7:35 – 7:45 p.m.
- Class Period 4: 7:50 – 8:00 p.m.
- Class Period 5: 8:05 – 8:15 p.m.
- Class Period 6: 8:20 – 8:30 p.m.
- Meet with your student before you attend Curriculum Night to double check you know their schedule and room numbers and location.
- Plan ahead. Parking is very limited, and we encourage you to carpool or utilize other forms of transportation such as mass transit, walking, or riding your bike.
- If you are driving, please be mindful of our neighbors and ensure you are only parking in allowable spots. We continually strive to be respectful members of our neighborhood.
- Bring your Start of School Forms that are due.
- Bring supply donations to help staff at BHS (see below).
BHS Counseling Staff
Information on Counseling Department Services
~ Their offices are located in the Counseling Center on the 2nd floor above the main office. Note: Counselors will be in the library with info about College Applications on Curriculum Night.
- Sonja Petersen: A-Deg
- Maya McKenzie: Deh-Kar
- Tom Kramer: Kas-Pes
- Gail Olson Laing: Pet-Wat
- Katie Huguenin: Wau-Z
- Carol Bristol: Counseling Secretary
Source Log On Information
- If you have questions about accessing The Source or Schoology Pages, please see Ms. Chambers or in the Library!
- Flash Curriculum used in Health classes is available to be previewed in P102 for anyone interested in examining it.
Ballard HS PTSA
- Join the BHS PTSA we can’t do it without your support! Stop by our table and get a tote while supplies last!
School Boosters Clubs
- Learn more about the Athletic (ABC) and Performing Arts(BPA) Parent Booster Clubs
Check Out Some Fun Ballard Merchandise
- The School Store “The Dam” has opened in the Activity Center (AC). The Athletic Booster Club (ABC) will also be selling Beaver Gear on campus as well!
- Abby Hunt: Principal
- Pearl Chan (A-F) Assistant Principal
- David Fort (G-N) Assistant Principal
- Jody Shuman (O-Z) Assistant Principal
All students are required to meet State Standards in English Language Arts and Math in order to earn a diploma from Ballard High School. The most efficient way to demonstrate proficiency is by taking and passing the state exams given to students the spring of their sophomore year.
Smarter Balanced Assessment (SBA)
- All 10th graders will take the Smarter Balanced Assessments in English Language Arts and in Math.
- Any 11th and 12th graders who have not yet passed the exams will have the opportunity to retake the Smarter Balanced Exam in ELA and Math.
Washington Comprehensive Assessment of Science (WCAS)
- All 11th graders will take the WCAS this spring.
Questions? Contact Eric Ensign at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206- 252-1076.
More details on testing can be found on BHS Assessments & Testing page.
Class of 2024 Parents/Guardians!
Is your Senior applying to college this fall? BHS Counselors shared information about college applications with current Seniors last week.
If you’re interested in what was shared, you are invited to attend a Curriculum Night “pre-session” with BHS Counselors to hear more. We will share the same information that was shared with the Seniors and answer questions (as time allows) about applying to college, requesting letters of recommendation, the basics of financial aid and more. The presentation will be just before the start of Curriculum Night on Sept 28 from 5:45 – 6:15 p.m. in the BHS Library.
The Source Tips
- Directions for setting up and logging into The Source are available on the district Source webpage
- Parents/Guardians if you don’t have a Schoology Account | To create a Schoology account, you will need your Schoology Access Code, found in the Source to get started. Visit the Schoology Information page for more details.
- If you have a Schoology Account | Logon to Schoology to view your Student’s Courses.
- What do I do if I forget my Schoology password? Refer to the Schoology Forgot Password resource page.
- Need additional help? Visit the Schoology FAQ page.
School Supply Donations Needed
Ballard High School staff are looking for school supply donations to support student learning. Please donate new or gently used items on the list below. Items can be dropped off in the Main Office.
BHS Classroom Materials
- Blue Tape
- Expo Markers (multicolor, black, chiseled, cleaning solution, erasers)
- Composition Books
- Colored Printer Paper
- Colored Card Stock Paper
- Butcher Paper
- Scotch Tape
- Masking Tape- Sharpies
- Colored Markers
- Hand Sanitizer
- Note Cards
- Graph Paper/Binder Paper
- Binder Clips
- Little White Dry Erase Boards
- Post-it Notes
- Hot Water Pot, Electric
- Extensions Cords and Outlets
Thank you, your donations are greatly appreciated! Questions? Stephanie King, email@example.com
Can’t Find What You Are Looking For?
Email me with tips on information you would like located here or better ways to support your searches on the Ballard HS website. Diane Taylor, BHS Website Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!