Curriculum Night Recap & Resources
Posted: | Updated:
Summary: Thank you BHS Parents/Guardians.
Ballard High School
Oct 13, 2022
Thank you to everyone who was able to attend Curriculum Night yesterday. It was wonderful to have so many families in the building. If you were unable to attend, please do not hesitate to reach out to your student’s teachers. ~ Abby Hunt
Ballard Parents/Guardians we will have tables with information set up at 6:30 p.m. with the night’s program starting at 7 p.m. Please plan to attend this in-person event and bring your student’s class schedule so that you can meet your student’s educators. ~ Principal Abby Hunt
Curriculum Night Program & Information
- Information Fair in the Foyer outside Main Office – 6:30 p.m.
- Welcome in the Main Gym – 7 p.m.
- Welcome from the Administration: Abby Hunt, Principal
- All In message from Cass Sylves, ASB President
- A message from Gloria Kruzner, BHS PTSA Interim President
- Meet your student’s teachers: 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Follow Your Student’s Class Schedule
- Class Period 1: 7:35 p.m.
- Class Period 2: 7:50 p.m.
- Class Period 3: 8:05 p.m.
- Class Period 4: 8:20 p.m.
- Class Period 5: 8:35 p.m.
- Class Period 6: 8:50 p.m.
Meet Your Student’s Teachers
- There are many options to obtain your student’s schedule prior to Curriculum Night!
- Ask your student for a screenshot of their schedule off The Source.
- Log onto The Source as a guardian and look at their schedule.
- Ask your student to fill the Curriculum Night Program prior to Curriculum Night.
- If the above aren’t possible, receive a schedule in the foyer at 6:30 p.m.
- We will have maps and student helpers to help you find your way around the building.
Meet Our Counseling Staff
Information on Counseling Department Services
~ In the Counseling Center in the SE corner of the 2nd floor
- Sonja Petersen: A-Cop
- Maya McKenzie: Coq-Hop
- Tom Kramer: Hoq-Nat
- Gail Olson Laing: Nau-Str
- Katie Huguenin: Sts-Z
- Carol Bristol: Counseling Secretary
Source Log On Information
- If you have questions about accessing The Source or Schoology Pages, please see Ms. Chambers or Ms. Dupre in the Library!
- Flash Curriculum used in Health classes is available to be previewed in P102 for anyone interested in examining it.
Ballard HS PTSA
- Join the BHS PTSA we can’t do it without your support!
School Boosters Clubs
- Join the Athletic and Performing Arts Parent Booster Clubs
Check Out Some Fun Ballard Merchandise and Treats
- The School Store “The Dam” has opened in the Activity Center (AC). The Athletic Booster Club (ABC) will also be selling Beaver Gear on campus as well!
- Abby Hunt: Principal
- JaLynn Montes (A-F) Assistant Principal (A-F)
- David Fort (G-N) Assistant Principal
- Jody Shuman (O-Z) House Administrator
All students are required to meet State Standards in English Language Arts and Math in order to earn a diploma from Ballard High School. The most efficient way to demonstrate proficiency is by taking and passing the state exams given to students the spring of their sophomore year.
Smarter Balanced Assessment (SBA)
- All 10th graders will take the Smarter Balanced Assessments in English Language Arts and in Math March 6 to June 9.
- Any 11th and 12th graders who have not yet passed the exams will have the opportunity to retake the Smarter Balanced Exam in ELA and Math.
Washington Comprehensive Assessment of Science (WCAS)
- All 11th graders will take the WCAS this spring.
- Questions? Contact Eric Ensign at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206- 252-1076.
More details on testing can be found on BHS Assessments & Testing page.
The Source Tips
- Directions for setting up and logging into The Source are available on the district Source webpage
- Parents/Guardians if you don’t have a Schoology Account | To create a Schoology account, you will need your Schoology Access Code, found in the Source to get started. Visit the Schoology Information page for more details.
- If you have a Schoology Account | Logon to Schoology to view your Student’s Courses.
- What do I do if I forget my Schoology password? Refer to the Schoology Forgot Password resource page.
- Need additional help? Visit the Schoology FAQ page.
Curriculum Night Flyer
Can’t Find What You Are Looking For?
Email me with tips on information you would like located here or better ways to support your searches on the Ballard HS website. Diane Taylor, BHS Website Editor at email@example.com Thank you!